ad5

Saturday 27 December 2014

AFCON 2015: Demba Ba omitted from Senegal squad


Senegalese striker Demba Ba, has been omitted from coach Alain Giresse's preliminary 28-man squad for next year's Africa Cup of Nations finals holding in Equatorial Guinea. Giresse noted that the striker was left out of the squad because of injury but the former Newcastle and Chelsea player has expressed disappointment in the decision, insisting that he is fully fit to play.

"The coach called and said that I needed to rest and take care of my ankle. It feels strange to me as I am completely fit and able to play football," the player said.

Ba who now plays is football for Turkish side Besiktas stated that "If Alain Giresse wanted to include me, he would have done so as he knows that my ankle is completely fine."

Senegal have been placed in Group C for the competition where they will do battle with Algeria, Ghana and South Africa.

No comments: