ad5

Wednesday 26 March 2014

Westerhof told me I was going to be a good coach — Keshi


Super Eagles coach, Stephen Keshi has has said that his predecessor, Clemense Westerhof is not a fantastic coach but very good at motivating his players. Keshi who was the team captain when the Dutch qualified Nigeria for their first World Cup in USA in 1994, praised Westerhof for his managerial skills. He also revealed that it was the former Super Eagles coach who first told him that he was going to succeed as a coach.

“Westerhof is someone who even if I have a broken leg, I will still want to play for. He was the first person who told me that I was going to be a good coach. I started learning the rudiments from him . Whatever I saw in Westerhof I did but he is not a fantastic coach.

But he can talk you to play like Pele. He is a motivator. He is the best in terms of instilling discipline in his players, which is crucial in getting results on the pitch”, the former Mali and Togo coach said while speaking with journalists at a Tom Tom Editors Roundtable.

No comments: