ad5

Wednesday 7 January 2015

Quadri wins ITTF's top prize


Nigeria’s Aruna Quadri has been named the International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) Star Player of the year. He was presented with the prestigious prize at an award ceremony held at Armani Hotel in Dubai.

Quadri, who is placed at number 30 in the world rankings was voted the Best Male player beating world number one, China’s Xu Xin and his compatriot, Fan Zhendong, as well as Portugal’s Marcos Freitas. He has made history by becoming the first African to clinch the award.


The 26-year-old expressed delight upon receiving the award noting that: “This is the best day of my career and I want to thank the organizers for considering me for this. I also want to thank all my fans all over the world for their support because this is unbelievable for me and I promise to continue to work hard.”

5 comments:

Daniella said...

Proudly Nigerian

Chris said...

we they break record any day, any time. Naija 4 life!

Clara said...

NAIJA FOR LIFE

Benedict said...

congrats dude

Catherine said...

very impressive considering he is ranked 30th