ad5

Friday 16 January 2015

Jimi Agbaje is too old to rule Lagos


The Governor of Lagos State, Babatunde Raji Fashola, has said that the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governorship candidate for Lagos, Jimi Agbaje is too old to lead the state. Fashola made this assertion on Wednesday at a rally of the All Progressives Congress in Lagos to canvass support for Akinwunmi Ambode.


“You know what you must do. Open your eyes clearly. When I took this job, at the age of 44, I was counting the number of white hair on my head. Today, at 52, I am counting the number of black hair on my head. 
Akinwunmi (Ambode) is younger than me. You need youthfulness to do this job. That man (Mr. Agbaje) is already 60, he cannot cope with this job. If you call him at night he will not take your phone.” he said.
Agbaje, 57, emerged as the governorship candidate of the PDP in Lagos after a controversial primary election that led to internal crisis in the party. However, the crisis in the party has been resolved and all other governorship aspirants have since rallied support around Jimi Agbaj.

No comments: