ad5

Monday 19 January 2015

Buhari debunks claims of deteriorating health


The All Progressives Congress presidential candidate, Maj. Gen. Mohammadu Buhari, has debunked media claims that he is critically ill and in need of medical attention. Buhari who spoke with journalists at the Rivers State Governors’ Lodge, Asokoro, Abuja, on Sunday said the claim is untrue and only the hand work of desperate individuals seeking to undermine his credibility for their own political advantage.



“(a national daily) reported that I was to jet out for medical checkup yesterday but here I am. I was at Nasarawa and Benue states yesterday; tomorrow I am going to be in two states.

“The day after tomorrow, in two more states. I am doing two states per day. How they got the impression that I was sick I do not know. Although I got cold and that did not stop me from going through my schedule.”

Speaking on the false medical documents indicating that he is in a poor state of health, Buhari said, “I don’t know of this desperation.

“The issue we are telling Nigerians is that of corruption in this country for the last16 years the PDP has literally destroyed this country.

“This is the issue and what has my health got to do with that one, have I been sick on daily basis? And (that) document has been put on paper, on tweeter that I am sick and the ABU (Ahmadu Bello University Teaching Hospital) said they are forged documents. This desperation is beyond my understanding.”

He also waved off allegations that his tenure at the defunct Petroleum Trust Fund was riddled with corruption.The former Head of State stated that his tenure had already been thoroughly investigated and the report presented to the then President Olusegun Obasanjo who recently confirmed that he was not found guilty of any wrong-doing.

“That one has been cleared. There is no fraud in PTF, there was an investigation and General Obasanjo has answered that question, he confirmed that there was an investigation and the report was brought to him and there was nothing on ground as far as my management and chairmanship of the PTF was concerned.
“So what else can I say? The person who did the investigation because he was the Head of State he cleared me so what else can I say?”

No comments: