ad5

Friday 10 January 2014

Uduaghan to run for senate in 2015




Delta State Governor, Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan on Thursday declared his intention to run for the Delta South Senatorial district election in 2015. Gov. Uduaghan told journalists in Asaba that the unwritten zonal arrangement for the senatorial election “gives the opportunity to the Itsekiri race, in the senatorial district, to take its turn and I have every right to go.


The Governor further explained that ``when it comes to the issue of election, I have a lot to offer, but the election being one year from now  is not what I should break my head  over,’’.

Uduaghan also dismissed allegations that he was defecting to another political party saying ``there is nothing that will ever make me to leave the party, I will swim and sink in PDP and I also know that the party will not sink.

``I will continue to be a member of PDP because Delta is a complete PDP state, “Few persons in the opposition parties who have not defected to PDP are still waiting for a date to do so’’.

He commended the party faithful in the state and national level, and appealed for their support to party, and President Jonathan.

No comments: